This EAL Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work may be more suitable for lower-risk work environments, such as offices and shops and/or organisations with fewer than 100 employees.
Additional units can be added for work environments such as Rail & Construction including Electrical Burns. For regulatory purposes, successfully completing the Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work will enable the candidate to act as a first aider in the workplace.
The assessment regime has changed – candidates must:
- Participate in all three assessment activities complete a test paper
Demonstrate competence in first-aid procedures for the management of a casualty:
- who is unresponsive and breathing normally (recovery position).
- who is unresponsive and not breathing normally (cardiopulmonary resuscitation).
- with external bleeding and who is in shock.
The EAL Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work comprises Unit 1 of the Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work:
- roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- assessing an incident
- unconscious casualties
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- external bleeding
- minor injuries
This course concludes with a 20 question multiple choice paper exam.
Course can be run at any premises nationwide.