The Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work is a two-unit, three-day course that will enable successful candidates to act as a first aider in their workplace.
Unit 1: Emergency First aid in the Workplace
Unit 2: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
The learner will understand the roles and responsibilities of a first aider to be able:
- to assess an incident
- to manage an unresponsive casualty who is both breathing/not breathing normally
- recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- manage a casualty with external bleeding
- manage a casualty who is in shock
- manage a casualty with a minor injury
- conduct a secondary survey
The learner will learn how to administer first aid to a casualty with:
- injuries to bones, joints and muscles
- suspected head and spinal injuries
- chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- sudden poisoning
- suspected major illnesses
Three Days, including the assessment process.
Personal Protective Equipment:
On successful completion of this training, following Practical assessment plus activities and exam candidates receive certification for First Aid At Work – Level 3.
Re-qualification is mandatory every three years.