Who the course is for:
Anyone working in a supervisory position.
Why is this qualification important?
Team leaders have a moral and legal obligation to keep their people healthy and safe.
• The main legislation relating to health and safety
• Enforcement of legislation
• Consequences of breaching legislation
• Health and safety policies
• Health and safety management systems
• The role of the supervisor
• Identifying hazards
• Assessing risks
• Prioritising action to address risks
• Recommending suitable control measures
• Improving the health and safety culture
• Health and safety inspections
• Health and safety audits
• Record keeping
• Safety briefings
• Emergency evacuation procedures
• Receiving new starters
• Monitoring the health, safety and welfare of employees
• Requirements for children and young persons
• Requirements for new and expectant mothers
• Reporting and investigating accidents and near misses.
This course concludes with a 40 question multiple-choice on-line or paper exam.
Course can be run at any premises nationwide.